Wednesday 6 January 2010

Connecting to Life in the Woods


Today I received my pieces of tree wood in the post: Rowan, the tree of nature spirits and Lucombe Oak, the tree of creativity and ideas.

When taken as an essence, the Rowan is said to put us into a trance so that we can experience oneness with these wise and healing beings. Rowan wood works on our Crown chakra, drawing us closer to divine energy.

I bought these pieces of wind-felled wood from Green Man Essences, a wonderful place on the net dedicated to natural healing talismans, potions and tools. It was so hard to decide which pieces were right for me, I'd like to have them all eventually! But as I am in a place where I wish to draw out my creative expression and attune to nature spirits, the Lucombe Oak and Rowan pulled me towards them.

In a deep meditative state, I met the Rowan in the forest. I told him that I have been longing to attune to trees for quite some time. I wanted to see the energy of them so he told me to take a look at the rest of the forest. There were these beautiful bright purple beams of light stemming out across the forest - joining up every tree in this high frequency mass of this spiritual colour.

When I said that I wished to connect further with tree spirits so that I may hear them and consult them for healing and knowledge, the Rowan instructed me to stand facing him with my legs slightly apart and my arms stretched out in front of me so that my palms were facing his trunk. Then a stream of white light ran through him, up his trunk and out of the top of him, then it poured out into my crown and travelled through me and out of my palms and back into him.

I spent some time in this forest just listening out for any sounds; just birdsong and a few other whispers. I returned knowing that I had been given what I asked for; a deeper connection to the elemental realm, where I could give healing too if it was needed.

Another time, I shall go and meet the Lucombe Oak, perhaps in another forest. I look forward to hearing what he has to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment