Monday 21 December 2009

Winter Solstice

















Dear Gaia,

The perplexing weather you brought us on this solstice brought me humble thoughts and for that I thank you. I braved rain, sleet and snow to buy gifts and share time with loved ones. I turned stress into wonderment through the knowing that there is a bigger plan for this planet besides this festive, jolly time. It is merely a chance in time for us to realise what we hold dearest to us. We ought to do 365 days a year, but if the whole globe can do it for just the month of December, then isn't that a pleasant enough thought?

In the darkened hours of the early evening, carol-singer's voices chimed through the air and it activated my heart's thanks. Looking up at the street lights, snowflakes danced their way down...and through the cold and dampness of the day, joy managed to push through...

...happy winter solstice x

No comments:

Post a Comment