Wednesday 21 October 2009

The Elephant of My Heart



'The Elephant of My Heart' is a book about a journey that the author, Jessica Clements embarked upon at the age of nine. It was a very difficult time as she faced a frightening illness.


But in this time, she was greeted by the animal of her heart, her elephant. This elephant that represents the essence, energy and spirit of her heart took her on an adventure to find her other animals; to a place where they all could help her find the strength to heal.


This courageous and beautiful story truly struck warmth in the whole of my body, for it posed the question: what is the animal of my heart?


In times when a little courage, healing or love is needed, we can look into ourselves and greet our animals, who will give us what it is we need to cleanse our energy, rid ourselves of disease and stress.


Jessica Clements now works with people, using simple and relaxing techniques to get them to 'that door' to meet their wonderful and playful companions.


They are always waiting for us on the otherside of that door; we must visit as often as we can.


Not only is this book beautifully written, its imagery and its warm and playful narrative coaxes out that inner child warmth and playfulness in the reader. We reconnect to that child in us that is curious about the world and has the courage to find joy in all that is new to us.

I encourage all to meet their animals, for we live in them and them in us. The love that exists between us is nourishing to the soul in itself. Using Jessica's simple but very effective visualisation methods, we can learn to eliminate stress from our everyday lives in a matter of minutes.


Jessica's website: www.animalofyourheart.co.uk offers more information about the workshops she holds, her book (which can also be purchased at Amazon), her visualisation CD and anything else you wish to know about her works.


I have had the privilege to meet her and work with her where she enabled myself and my sister, a very dear kindred indeed, to be taken on the very same magical journey she had, to meet our animals. Jessica's energy is full of love and light and these are the tools for her practice. I was elated after meeting my animals and certainly had a shift in my being, like murky energy had been dusted out of my heart...I am very excited to spend more time with Panda, Raccoon, Butterfly and Owl.


Thanks to Jessica and her beautiful and brave story, I too have found a new way to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment